This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?

Go down 
+27
Kendo
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Jamin
arnt god of war
gamer22
Doominator99
Gibbon_Master
Stoney
joe11
Arbiteris
Bullyblazer
DaveSGE
Madtoker
7th
GeneralMLD
nalin41
Alan1994
igame
Zombl337
Stigma
gamer4life
DemonWolf
Invincible
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
Master_Chief
Pickles
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:58 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
I find it funny how I pretty much say the identical thing to the guy above me (who has 250+ posts) and I'm the one questioned?

Cause like 55/64 posts by you have been defending the PS3 or Sony directly or indirectly.
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:10 pm

It's called discussion.

Quote :
dis·cus·sion
   /dɪˈskʌʃən/ Show Spelled[dih-skuhsh-uhn]

–noun

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

People really need to relax. That's what a discussion board is for.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
It's called discussion.

Quote :
dis·cus·sion
   /dɪˈskʌʃən/ Show Spelled[dih-skuhsh-uhn]

–noun

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

People really need to relax. That's what a discussion board is for.

Indeed it is discussion and discussion does not involve attacking other members.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:22 am

Joe11 you should seriously sort out your spelling and grammar. Every post from you is almost unreadable.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:28 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Joe11 you should seriously sort out your spelling and grammar. Every post from you is almost unreadable.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:27 am

So i herd that ps3 has sold 35.7 million. it r all over digg.com

discuss
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Whichever console does come in 2nd place this gen, it will be by a relatively small margin. The only one with the epic win is Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Pickles wrote:

discuss

MS announced they sold over 40 million Xbox 360s. Sony can't catch up, especially after Xbox 360's stellar upcoming Fall/Holiday season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:40 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Pickles wrote:

discuss

MS announced they sold over 40 million Xbox 360s. Sony can't catch up, especially after Xbox 360's stellar upcoming Fall/Holiday season.

Goddammit you always know how to make me feel better. no homo
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:56 am

Pickles wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Pickles wrote:

discuss

Goddammit you always know how to make me feel better. no homo

Just doing my duty Citizen. Xbox Man AWAAAAAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:34 am

Sales are going to be close and the PS3 might catch up but there is not going to be much difference between the sales of the 2 consoles, but this is good news for the gaming industry with no core gaming console dominating and forcing developers and publishers to only make games for them and the greater freedom the 3rd party developers have the better it is for us games.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:29 am

it doesnt matter who has more sales, it matters which one is better(not that there is a better console). a crappy cheap console could win a generation *cough* wii *cough*but everybody else will still know that they had more fun with a better console.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
it doesnt matter who has more sales, it matters which one is better(not that there is a better console). a crappy cheap console could win a generation *cough* wii *cough*but everybody else will still know that they had more fun with a better console.

lol!! Wii isn't crappy. It's just not of the same standard as Ps3 or 360 Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Doominator99 wrote:

But you forget that the majority of Wii buyers (casuals) actually feel the Wii is better. They have 0 interest in xbox 360 or ps3 games. To them, the Wii is the best.

You and me may not agree but you must always respect the winner of each generation, no matter how much you may disagree. It after all, won for good reason and not by fluke.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

what you call a lower standard, i call crappy lol!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

what you call a lower standard, i call crappy lol!

Lol, well I guess they kind of mean the same thing....to a certain extent....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
gamer22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:18 am

People should take a close look at the fiscal results MS and Sony published.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m5d13-Sony-reveals-latest-Playstation-3-hardware-sales-data-and-expectations-for-the-next-fiscal-year

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Microsoft-40-Million-Xbox-360-units-sold

According to the data Sony sold 13 million PS3 world wide while MS sold 8.8 million. That's a 4.2 million difference. The lead is now 4.5 million. That means if Sony simply repeats the same margin, they would be within 300k by March 2011.

But that's not the scary part. The scary part is MS sold less 360 this past fiscal year as compared to the fiscal before that. The fiscal before this one they sold 11.1 million which is the most MS has ever sold. MS is losing sales while Sony is expecting to increase sales this fiscal to 15 million.

Hopefully Natal will spark a surge. But I don't see MS going from 8.8 million to 15 million. At best IMO I see maybe 12 million which would still mean 360 gets outsold by 3 million if Sony reaches 15 million. I personally don't think Move will do much but if it does...yikes.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:04 pm

gamer22 wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m5d13-Sony-reveals-latest-Playstation-3-hardware-sales-data-and-expectations-for-the-next-fiscal-year

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Microsoft-40-Million-Xbox-360-units-sold

According to the data Sony sold 13 million PS3 world wide while MS sold 8.8 million. That's a 4.2 million difference. The lead is now 4.5 million. That means if Sony simply repeats the same margin, they would be within 300k by March 2011.

But that's not the scary part. The scary part is MS sold less 360 this past fiscal year as compared to the fiscal before that. The fiscal before this one they sold 11.1 million which is the most MS has ever sold. MS is losing sales while Sony is expecting to increase sales this fiscal to 15 million.

Hopefully Natal will spark a surge. But I don't see MS going from 8.8 million to 15 million. At best IMO I see maybe 12 million which would still mean 360 gets outsold by 3 million if Sony reaches 15 million. I personally don't think Move will do much but if it does...yikes.
halo and natal fable gears 3
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:21 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
I dont think those will sell consoles; anyone that cares about Halo, Gears, or Fable should already have an Xbox360. Natal is confirmed to cost $149, and it'll receive a name change at E3. I dont think anyone would want to invest that much cash into a camera whether they be casual or hardcore. There is a Natal Arcade Xbox360 bundle, thats 299.99.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Jamin wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
I dont think those will sell consoles; anyone that cares about Halo, Gears, or Fable should already have an Xbox360. Natal is confirmed to cost $149, and it'll receive a name change at E3. I dont think anyone would want to invest that much cash into a camera whether they be casual or hardcore. There is a Natal Arcade Xbox360 bundle, thats 299.99.
link or gtfo. not nesscarily to the first half some people may need to rebuy 360s and some may want a 360 since its getting these awesome games
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:06 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Jamin wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
link or gtfo. not nesscarily to the first half some people may need to rebuy 360s and some may want a 360 since its getting these awesome games

http://www.edge-online.com/news/natal-to-cost-149-%E2%80%93-source

The only thing i culd find that says price. I woudlnt mind paying 199.99+ for this kind of futuristic tech though. Its really neat like mynority report type stuff. Just awesome.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

gamer22 wrote:

Thats stupid. 360 is winning now and will be winning till the 720 or whetever its called comes out.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:19 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39166/Natal-to-cost-149-change-name That price really doesnt surprise me. How much did they charge for their hard drives, USB drives, wireless adapters, and all the other overpriced accessories?
"Some people may need to re-buy 360s" .......not really the greatest point to make, but its definitely true that many 360 gamers have to buy the same console multiple times. I believe Microsoft's approach to their library is starting to back fire. In the last 3 years, they've sold less and less, while Sony has seen significant increases in hardware sales. How much is the hardware gap now? 4.5 mill? Its the games that are making the difference in hardware sales. Microsoft needs some new exclusive IPs to draw more people to their platform.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Jamin wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39166/Natal-to-cost-149-change-name That price really doesnt surprise me. How much did they charge for their hard drives, USB drives, wireless adapters, and all the other overpriced accessories?
"Some people may need to re-buy 360s" .......not really the greatest point to make, but its definitely true that many 360 gamers have to buy the same console multiple times. I believe Microsoft's approach to their library is starting to back fire. In the last 3 years, they've sold less and less, while Sony has seen significant increases in hardware sales. How much is the hardware gap now? 4.5 mill? Its the games that are making the difference in hardware sales. Microsoft needs some new exclusive IPs to draw more people to their platform.

I only had to buy mine 4 times. But thats cuz i used 2 and then they broke so 4 all together. But that istn that much though. As much as a ps3 was when they first cme out ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:31 pm

CrimsonNeckedPatriot wrote:

I only had to buy mine 4 times. But thats cuz i used 2 and then they broke so 4 all together. But that istn that much though. As much as a ps3 was when they first cme out ha ha ha!
You do realize that even if you bought four Arcade Xbox360's at the price they sell today (199.99), the total would exceed how much the PS3 initially cost?
799.99 < 599.99 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next