This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?

Go down 
+27
Kendo
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Jamin
arnt god of war
gamer22
Doominator99
Gibbon_Master
Stoney
joe11
Arbiteris
Bullyblazer
DaveSGE
Madtoker
7th
GeneralMLD
nalin41
Alan1994
igame
Zombl337
Stigma
gamer4life
DemonWolf
Invincible
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
Master_Chief
Pickles
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Jamin wrote:
CrimsonNeckedPatriot wrote:

I only had to buy mine 4 times. But thats cuz i used 2 and then they broke so 4 all together. But that istn that much though. As much as a ps3 was when they first cme out ha ha ha!
You do realize that even if you bought four Arcade Xbox360's at the price they sell today (199.99), the total would exceed how much the PS3 initially cost?
799.99 < 599.99 ?

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 1289407-fuuuu_super

but still ps3 sucks! I rather have 4 broken 360's than 1 working blucrap player. Everyone here will agree!
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Jamin wrote:

I only had to buy mine 4 times. But thats cuz i used 2 and then they broke so 4 all together. But that istn that much though. As much as a ps3 was when they first cme out ha ha ha!
You do realize that even if you bought four Arcade Xbox360's at the price they sell today (199.99), the total would exceed how much the PS3 initially cost?
799.99 < 599.99 ?

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 1289407-fuuuu_super

but still ps3 sucks! I rather have 4 broken 360's than 1 working blucrap player. Everyone here will agree!
Tbh I personally do not care about the hardware or money. Gaming has always been expensive when you think about it, and it will continue to be expensive. Now mind you I think the PS3 is a good system, however the 360 has the games I would want to play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Kendo wrote:

Tbh I personally do not care about the hardware or money. Gaming has always been expensive when you think about it, and it will continue to be expensive. Now mind you I think the PS3 is a good system, however the 360 has the games I would want to play.

So you agree with me. Good.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Jamin wrote:

799.99 < 599.99 ?

*cough* troll*cough* check his ip*cough*
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:43 am

Kendo wrote:
Jamin wrote:

799.99 < 599.99 ?

Aha, so I take it you've got a 360 now? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:00 am

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Jamin wrote:

799.99 < 599.99 ?

Aha, so I take it you've got a 360 now? Razz

For some reason I doubt that. He would have made a thread in every section of the forum if that happened.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:11 am

In my opinion sales don't matter to the Gamer and neither is going to have a massive market share over the other like in the PS2 days when all developer rush to sony, This gen is going to be more about the games and Exclusives.

Everyone knows that most multiplats look and run better 360 and have a larger library of games than PS3, But in My Opinion PS3 Exclusives have a great variation of genres. Where 360 are mainly shooters.

But as MLD has said before he brings the sale issue up only because it pisses off PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:31 am

not having a dig at MLD but i'd rather just concentrate on the games rather than the sales even if it does piss off a bunch of absolute dickheads.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

Gibbon_Master wrote:
In my opinion sales don't matter to the Gamer and neither is going to have a massive market share over the other like in the PS2 days when all developer rush to sony, This gen is going to be more about the games and Exclusives.

Everyone knows that most multiplats look and run better 360 and have a larger library of games than PS3, But in My Opinion PS3 Exclusives have a great variation of genres. Where 360 are mainly shooters.

But as MLD has said before he brings the sale issue up only because it pisses off PS3 fanboys.

I disagree.360 has lots of WRPG's(while Ps3 has more JRPG's) and 360 also has a handful of RTS's(360 is the only console that has them).That right there proves that 360 doesnt just have "shooters"
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:53 am

optimusprime wrote:
not having a dig at MLD but i'd rather just concentrate on the games rather than the sales even if it does piss off a bunch of absolute dickheads.

The sales should only matter if they are helping line your own pocket. Fact.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

The sales should only matter if they are helping line your own pocket. Fact.

No offense but tell that to the Dreamcast Razz

Or the Gamecube or Xbox being prematurely cut off.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:01 pm

In the end guys, sales determines longevity of a console. You like your console, then you better hope it has healthy sales or else your gonna find the generation is gonna end sooner then you think.

Sales also determines dev support. Devs dont make games for consoles that dont sell well.

It will ALWAYS confuse me how "some" gamers dont care about sales. WIthout sales, your favourite console will be screwed in all aspects.

Funny thing is PS2 fanboys agree with me...........lol but not this generation for some reason Razz
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:02 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
In the end guys, sales determines longevity of a console. You like your console, then you better hope it has healthy sales or else your gonna find the generation is gonna end sooner then you think.

Sales also determines dev support. Devs dont make games for consoles that dont sell well.

It will ALWAYS confuse me how "some" gamers dont care about sales. WIthout sales, your favourite console will be screwed in all aspects.

Funny thing is PS2 fanboys agree with me...........lol but not this generation for some reason Razz
I agree with sales determines the longevity. But sales doesn't always determine a "good" game, nor does ratings. Sadly some good games don't sale too well for whatever reason so they don't get a sequel but sometimes they do which is great. This is why some gamers don't care about sales.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I agree with sales determines the longevity. But sales doesn't always determine a "good" game, nor does ratings. Sadly some good games don't sale too well for whatever reason so they don't get a sequel but sometimes they do which is great. This is why some gamers don't care about sales.

Indeed sales do determine the longevity of a console but with sales between the two core systems being so close and does not look like either is going to have a massive or decisive lead over the other and it is not going to make much difference this generation as this will be one of the longest generation.

I agree with you that, no sales don't determine if a game is good or not look at most Wii game and take Just Dance as an example you can't tell me that it is better than Mass Effect 2 or God of War 3 but the sales for this game are far better than both games.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:17 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

I don't see why they would not agree with you, considering about 140 million PS2s sold, and only 34 million PS3s sold. So I predict that a lot of PS2 fans bought a 360 or Wii. So they should agree with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Jamin wrote:

799.99 < 599.99 ?

really? Idk I think I would rather have 1 working blucrap player Razz
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:10 pm

lets just say its gonna be close one
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Jamin wrote:

799.99 < 599.99 ?

really? Idk I think I would rather have 1 working blucrap player Razz

lol don't feed the troll.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
mikenuge
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:58 pm

OMMGG PS3 IS WINNING BY 10 MILLION.. SONY 4 LIFE BITCHHES,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?   Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think we'll be able to keep the sales argument?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4